Definitely Expected This One…..
Week 3 Top 25
Notre Dame Fighting Irish dropped 2 spots from to #10 in the coaches poll and dropped 4 spots in the AP poll to #12 after a 31-29 nail-biter of a win against the Toledo Rockets on Saturday Afternoon. The drop is understandable after the questionable performance from the O-line and the big plays given up by the defense. It was another weird College football day that Notre Dame ended up on top….unlike quite a lot of good team. Football is weird. Notre Dame wins weird games…..for now.
Notre Dame Opponent Quick Hits
- Cincinnati Bearcats: Remain at #8. Cincy took care of business against Murray State. Not much coming out of there as they did exactly what they should have. They started slow before finding their footing in the route.
- Wisconsin Badgers: Remain at #17/#18. Not much movement here. Wisconsin took down Eastern Michigan before having a week off before heading to Soldier Field to take on the fighting Irish.
- USC Trojans: Now Unranked. LOL. USC dropped this one in pretty brutal fashion. They got the doors blown off by a struggling Stanford team and honestly didn’t show much fight. USC is gonna USC this year.
- Virginia Tech Hokies: Up to #15. Another solid win this week for the Hokies. They took care of business against Middle Tennessee State. They will face a test next week at West Virginia. This Hokies team is solid and will not be an easy matchup for the Irish.
- North Carolina Tar Heels: Up to #21/19 There really isn’t anything you can gather from the game against Georgia State. I am curious to see how the Tar Heels will look next week against a very solid Virginia team.
The Fighting Irish will host the Purdue Boilermakers this upcoming Saturday…..look for another close one based on how the Irish have started off the year.