The vehicles were left running in parking spots when they were stolen, police said.
Police are warning the public about a string of vehicle thefts reported in River North, Gold Coast and Near North.
In each incident, a person or group of people enter vehicles left running in parking spots and drive off, Chicago police said.
The thefts happened:
- In the afternoon hours April 29 in the 300 block of West Erie Street;
- In the afternoon hours April 29 in the 1100 block of North State Street;
- In the evening hours May 10 in the first block of West Ontario Street;
- In the morning hours May 11 in the 600 block of North Clark Street;
- In the evening hours May 14 in the 700 block of North Rush Street; and
- In the evening hours May 15 in the 600 block of North LaSalle Drive.
The thieves are described by police as one to three men between the ages of 17 and 25, standing 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 and weighing between 145 and 160 pounds. They were seen in a silver-colored Chevy sedan in two of the incidents.
Anyone with information should call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8382.