This year, the Chicago White Sox and FanDuel Sportsbook are teaming up to provide Sox fans with team trends each Friday throughout the regular season.
The White Sox this past week went 5–1 against the Texas Rangers (3–0) and Detroit Tigers (2–1). This week, the White Sox conclude their nine-game homestand with a three-game series against the Cleveland Indians (April 30-May 2) before heading on the road for a two-game series at the Cincinnati Reds (May 4–5).
Take a look below to get the Rundown of some interesting trends and statistics White Sox fans should keep their eyes on during the third week of the 2021 season.
· The White Sox are averaging 5.17 runs per game this season, the second-highest total in Major League Baseball. They are averaging 4.8 runs per game at Guaranteed Rate Field.
· Chicago starting pitchers have gone 9–3 with a 2.97 ERA (42 ER/127.1 IP), 151 strikeouts and a .207 (97–469) opponents average in 2021. The starting rotation is allowing 2.0 runs and 4.1 hits while posting 6.3 strikeouts per start.
· The Sox are 8–2 over their last 10 games and have won two of the last three series.
· White Sox hitter are batting .272 (106–389) with 16 doubles, three triples, nine home runs, 53 RBI and 58 runs scored in 12 games at Guaranteed Rate Field this season.
· The Sox have gone 3–2 against Cleveland in 2021 but are 21–32 vs. the Indians since 2018.
· The White Sox are 228–215 during interleague play since it started in 1997. They are averaging 4.7 runs per game against the National League during that time.
· Chicago is 18–8 against Cincinnati lifetime, including a 12–6 record on the road (7–5 at Great American Ball Park).
· The White Sox are outscoring the Reds 159–120 lifetime, averaging 6.1 runs per game.